St. Jude Walk/Run to End Childhood Cancer
On Saturday, September 21 we had a team participate in the St. Jude Walk/Run to End Childhood Cancer. The event was a huge success and raised over $200,000 for St. Jude! The walk/run was one of several taking place to raise money for St. Jude across the country during September, which was childhood cancer awareness month.
Real Food For Kids - Chefs Feeding Families
Want to help people in need during the pandemic? Real Food For Kids - Chefs Feeding Families is providing free and nutritious meals every day of the week. Tri Deltas have taken this program and supplemented to help with physical safety (Dolores C. Derrington continues to make masks for us to distribute) and mental heath - Huge thank you to Jill A. Fields for assembling and donating activity bags - If you'd like to help out:
- Check out the Real Food For Kids Facebook page, like, & share their info with your friends/family, and on your Facebook page.
- Purchase a pizza kit to feed a family of 4 plus 4 more families,
- VOLUNTEER (driving, set up, etc) We are opening new locations including DC and MD
- Donate children's books, crayons, coloring you have
- Donate masks and hand sanitizer
In honor of our 132 years of service:
- We invite you to join in & serve 132 families! Each kit feeds 4 families!
- Let's get 132 shares for Real Food for Kids Facebook page
- Volunteers - let's aim for 132 hours each!
Christmas Wreath Sale
Washington DC Metro Tri-Delta Alumnae sells Christmas decorations. Each holiday season, we offer a variety of wreaths, swags, garlands, and ornaments. Order your gorgeous Christmas Forest gifts from one of our members or order online.
How to order and support Washington DC Metro Tri-Delta Alumnae:
- Go to www.ChristmasForest.com
- Add to Cart to order a forest fresh wreath or ornament
- Enter D/DCMET in the club code field at check out
- Washington DC Metro Tri-Delta Alumnae will earn a portion of the sale!