St. Jude Walk/Run to End Childhood Cancer
26 September 2020 - First, we have 10 team members officially signed up and have raised $1,615. Way to go ladies — let’s keep up the good work! Here’s the link to our team: DC Metro Tri Delta Alumnae. Join as a member and help us surpass our goal. Remember, September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. Every little bit counts - so if you can donate even $10, you are making a positive impact on the kids at St. Jude! The walk is virtual, so you can join our team and get your steps in anytime on September 26.
Remember to send us pictures of you on your walk, maybe team up and walk with another sister or even a friend! Spread the word, and even though we are apart, together we can support our wonderful philanthropy of St. Jude.
Please let Meghan know if you have any questions firstname.lastname@example.org
We all know that November in-person voting could be difficult because of the shortage of poll workers. Poll workers are usually older and during this time of pandemic, many will not be comfortable breaking quarantine to work the polls. If you are interested in working at the polls this November, powerthepolls.org is a group working to staff our polling places.
Real Food For Kids - Chefs Feeding Families
Want to help people in need during the pandemic? Real Food For Kids - Chefs Feeding Families is providing free and nutritious meals every day of the week. Tri Deltas have taken this program and supplemented to help with physical safety (Dolores C. Derrington continues to make masks for us to distribute) and mental heath - Huge thank you to Jill A. Fields for assembling and donating activity bags - If you'd like to help out:
Check out the Real Food For Kids Facebook page, like, & share their info with your friends/family, and on your Facebook page.
- Purchase a pizza kit to feed a family of 4 plus 4 more families,
- VOLUNTEER (driving, set up, etc) We are opening new locations including DC and MD
- Donate children's books, crayons, coloring you have
- Donate masks and hand sanitizer
In honor of our 132 years of service:
- We invite you to join in & serve 132 families! Each kit feeds 4 families!
- Let's get 132 shares for Real Food for Kids Facebook page
- Volunteers - let's aim for 132 hours each!
Christmas Wreath Sale
Washington DC Metro Tri-Delta Alumnae sells Christmas decorations. Each holiday season, we offer a variety of wreaths, swags, garlands, and ornaments. Order your gorgeous Christmas Forest gifts from one of our members or order online.
How to order and support Washington DC Metro Tri-Delta Alumnae:
- Go to www.ChristmasForest.com
- Add to Cart to order a forest fresh wreath or ornament
- Enter D/DCMET in the club code field at check out
- Washington DC Metro Tri-Delta Alumnae will earn a portion of the sale!