St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
In 1999 St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Today, our collegiate members play a critical role in our fundraising for St. Jude with campus events such as Delta Dodgeball, D-Hop and Delta Desserts. Our alumnae chapters support local and regional children’s hospitals and pediatric cancer initiatives across North America and we partner together to support St. Jude’s Walk/Run and Memphis Marathon by forming teams, raising money and volunteering at these events.
Tri Delta 4 St. Jude
- More than $75 million raised in support of St. Jude’s mission to find cures and save children since the partnership began in 1999.
- In 2014, Tri Delta made one of the single largest commitments by a St. Jude partner, pledging $60 million in 10 years. In honor of this commitment, St. Jude named its on-campus, short-term housing facility Tri Delta Place.
- In 2013, Tri Delta celebrated raising $15 million in 3 ½ years to name the Specialty Clinic at St. Jude.
- In 2010, Tri Delta successfully completed its $10 million in 10 years commitment in just 4 years to name the Bone Marrow Transplant Patient Care Floor.
- In 2005 Tri Delta raised $1 million to endow the hospital’s teen room.
The DC Metro Alumnae Chapter supports several fundraising events to help St. Jude in the great work they do! In 2020, we joined the virtual "Walk for the Cure" and raised over $3000 with our dispersed team of virtual walkers. In years past, we fielded teams of walkers for the walk in September, and also sent several members to Memphis for the 1/2 Marathon. In 2021 we raised our game, and collected over $4000! We look forward to doing more in 2022!
We also conducted a wreath sale at the holidays with a percentage of the proceeds going to St. Jude. in 2020, we raised over $600 for St. Jude.
Supporting local charities, we did a clothing drive in the fall, providing gently worn business clothing to help those who are in need with proper attire for interviews and ultimately new jobs.
During COVID-19, we are supporting "Real Food for Kids - Chefs Feeding Families". This group helped create and distribute healthy pizza kits to families in need. Tri Deltas helped with distribution, and added homemade masks, children's activities packets, and hand sanitizers along with the pizzas. This effort is ongoing, and also helps the restaurant owners and staff stay employed while giving back to the community.
In the past, we collected hats for "Ellie's Hats" to help children with cancer, we've collected pet food to support pet shelters, and a host of other worthy causes.
Consider helping us with new ideas on how we can serve our community.